About The Bible
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, divinely inspired; that it contains no errors in the original manuscripts and preserved by God for us; that it is authoritative for this church and each of us for every age.
- We believe that God exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These three are one God.
We believe God created the universe by His Power and Word.
- We believe that God is all knowing, all powerful and ever present.
About Jesus Christ
- We believe Jesus Christ was sent by God the Father into the world to save sinners.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was virgin born, sinless in life and mighty in words and deeds.
- We believe Jesus was both God and man, that He was crucified for our sins, and was bodily raised from the dead. He then ascended to His Father’s side where He is head of the church and intercedes for believers.
- We believe Jesus Christ is coming again personally, visibly and bodily to reign as Lord.
About The Holy Spirit
- We believe the Holy Spirit is a person, is God, and has all the divine characteristics. He indwells all believers, baptizes and seals them at the moment of salvation. He fills them in response to confession of sin and surrender to Him.
- We believe that Jesus, through His death on the cross, provided salvation for all. However, to receive salvation one must repent of sin and trust Jesus Christ alone. The true believer is eternally secure and cannot lose his salvation. He may, however, lose his joy by sin and bring the loving discipline of the Father upon himself.
- All who have received Christ will at death depart to be with Christ in their spirits and at Christ’s return receive a new body which will be like His glorious body.
Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct
- The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purpose of Today’s Promise’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy and discipline, our Board of Directors is Today’s Promise final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe that the term ‘marriage’ has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, aw delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10.)
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Today’s Promise as the local Bod of Christ and to provide a biblical role model to the Today’s Promise community, it is imperative that all persons employed by Today’s Promise in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by the Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. (Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; 1 Thess 5:22.)
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.)
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love. kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Today’s Promise.
The Sanctity of Human Life
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babes, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Psalm 139.)